Podcast: Right to suspend
Nick Chronias, partner at law firm DAC Beachcroft and updating author at XpertHR, joins us to discuss the right to suspend employees pending a disciplinary investigation, and shares his tips on how to avoid slipping up when suspending an individual.
Using examples from case law, Nick discusses the practical and legal considerations to take into account before, during and after a suspension, including:
- how to decide whether or not to suspend an employee;
- how to handle confidentiality issues;
- the need to monitor the suspension and keep communications open with the affected employee;
- whether or not employees should receive full pay during the suspension; and
- the steps to take where a suspension is lifted.