Employment law manual: Holiday and holiday pay section restructured
The rules on holiday entitlement have become increasingly complex, particularly the interaction between holiday and sickness absence and the calculation of holiday pay where staff have irregular hours, work overtime or receive commission or bonuses. To help employers understand this technical area, we have restructured and revised the Holiday and holiday pay section of the Employment law manual.
XpertHR's new Holiday and holiday pay section explains, for example:
- workers' entitlement to holiday;
- the rules for calculating holiday pay for workers with normal working hours and for workers with no normal working hours;
- what amounts to normal remuneration;
- the relationship between holiday and sickness absence;
- the rules on handling holiday requests;
- the extent of the entitlement to pay in lieu of holiday on termination of employment; and
- the remedies available for employees who are denied holiday or holiday pay.