Podcast: Inclusive workplaces - the human case for reasonable adjustments
Jen Rooney, disability inclusion specialist and founder of The Wellbeing Tortoise, explores why employers need to understand and embrace the human case for reasonable adjustments to cultivate inclusive workplaces.
Drawing on her own lived experience as a disabled person, Jen shares her thoughts and practical advice on how employers can think beyond their legal obligations; be mindful of appropriate terminology; and create recruitment practices that are truly inclusive.
And so I think one thing that we can all do - and no one is kind of absolved of this, as humans we find it difficult to understand other people's circumstances - but on the whole, if someone asks for an adjustment, they probably need it.
Want to learn more?
- Podcast: Duty to make reasonable adjustments for disabled workers
- Webinar: Disability inclusion at work - the why and the how
- Employment law guide: Disability discrimination
- Leading practice guides: Supporting disabled employees and job candidates (1): Why is this so important?
- Tailored reasonable adjustments plan for disabled employee
- More episodes from The XpertHR Podcast