Time off over Christmas and New Year
We round up our resources that will help employers manage requests for time off during the festive season, when business needs may range from requiring a certain level of cover to shutting down operations. Our resources include research on employers' arrangements for work and rest over the Christmas and New Year period, to help you benchmark your organisation.
- Can workers take holiday whenever they like?
- Can an employer require its employees to take holiday at a particular time?
- Can an employer refuse holiday requests during a particular period?
- Can an employer dock the pay of an employee who has arrived at work late the morning after the company Christmas party?
- Turn down an annual leave request
- Require an employee to take annual leave
- Manage a workaholic employee
- Benchmark your organisation's Christmas and New Year working arrangements against those of other employers
Policies and procedures
Employment law cases
- Fair dismissal of employee who refused to work extra hours before Christmas
- Next employee unfairly dismissed for refusal to work Christmas Eve shift