Podcast: Flexible working requests - the fundamentals and the future
Jo Broadbent, counsel knowledge lawyer at Hogan Lovells, guides you through the fundamentals of handling flexible working requests and discusses the future of flexible working in the post-pandemic workplace.
We discuss the law and best practice when responding to requests; practical steps to avoid indirect discrimination complaints; learning points from the recent case of Thompson v Scancrown Ltd (t/a as Manors); flexible working requests post-pandemic; and the Government's proposed reforms to the Flexible Working Regulations 2014.
I think it may also be more difficult for an employer to justify refusing a request against the backdrop of the last eighteen months.
- Employment law manual: Right to request flexible working
- Hybrid working policy
- Sex discrimination: Mishandling of flexible working request leads to £184,961 award
- How to implement a hybrid working model
- Line manager briefing: Managing hybrid/flexible workers
- Listen to previous podcasts