Podcast: Immigration challenges and opportunities 2023
Louise Haycock, partner and immigration solicitor at law firm Fragomen, joins us to discuss the challenges and opportunities arising in immigration in 2023 for HR and employers, including:
- the introduction of new visa types;
- an additional exemption to the immigration skills charge for senior or specialist workers;
- the importance of planning ahead to manage the impact of longer lead times;
- changes to right to work checks;
- benefits and issues arising from hybrid and remote working;
- managing sponsored workers when dealing with recruitment, restructures and redundancies; and
- trends and developments, including the anticipated Electronic Travel Authorisation system for EU nationals.
Want to learn more?
- Employment law guide: Immigration rules and right to work
- Record of all workers' right to work in UK form
- Commentary and analysis: Employing Ukrainian citizens: Options for entering and staying in the UK
- More episodes from The XpertHR Podcast