How to ensure employees' smooth reintroduction to the workplace on their return from adoption leave
Click on any of the hyperlinks to go to more detailed guidance below.
- Bear in mind that returning to work after a relatively long period of absence on adoption leave can be a daunting experience for an employee.
- Remember that maintaining contact with employees on adoption leave can help them to stay in touch with the workplace and ease the return to work.
- Check that you have notified the employee of the date that the additional adoption leave will end and consider sending a courtesy letter to remind the employee of the expected date of return.
- Consider what changes need to be made to the workload if the employee is returning to work on reduced hours.
- Make sure that the employee's workstation is ready for the return and that they have the materials necessary to do the job.
- Arrange meetings to update the employee and discuss any training needs or necessary support for them to get back up to speed with the job.
- Ensure that an employee who has returned to work from adoption leave is not subjected to any detriment because of the decision to take leave.