How to introduce and manage a relocation assistance scheme
Author: Paul Tew
Click on any of the hyperlinks to go to more detailed guidance below:
- Consider the business case for the introduction of a relocation assistance scheme.
- Take into account the needs and objectives of the business when designing the scheme.
- Set out the eligibility criteria for assistance that will apply in different circumstances covered by the scheme.
- Ensure that the scheme rules specify the expenses and benefits that are covered and the limits of the cover offered, as well as any expenses that are not eligible for reimbursement.
- Be aware of the rules on tax relief on relocation expenses and the time limits that apply.
- Include provision for the repayment of relocation assistance in the circumstances where an employee leaves the organisation within a defined period of expenses being paid.
- Undertake a regular scheme review to ensure that the scheme continues to meet the business aims and objectives.