How to monitor labour turnover
Author: Rachel Suff
Click on any of the hyperlinks to go to more detailed guidance below.
- Understand why measuring and monitoring labour turnover is important as part of an employee retention strategy.
- Distinguish between voluntary and involuntary labour turnover.
- Select a method or combination of methods to measure and analyse labour turnover rates.
- Benchmark labour turnover rates against key competitors and against industry norms to decide if they are acceptable, too high or too low.
- Investigate and analyse the underlying reasons for staff departures using separation questionnaires, exit interviews and employee engagement surveys.