How to consult collectively with a remote workforce during the coronavirus pandemic
Author: Nick Chronias
Click on any of the hyperlinks to go to more detailed guidance below.
- Decide when consultation will be required.
- Identify the appropriate representatives with whom to consult.
- Facilitate the election of employee representatives remotely.
- Consult with individual employees where there are no nominees.
- Provide information to the appropriate representatives.
- Conduct the consultation process.
- Respond to requests to postpone consultation.
- Understand the "special circumstances" defence.